Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Easy Chess Squares: A Family Favorite


Hey, y'all!  So tonight I'm sharing a delicious, simple recipe that's very near and dear to my heart.  My grandma, as well as aunts and cousins, have always enjoyed making Chess Squares.  If you haven't had them, girl, you are missing out.  We have made chess squares for pretty much every holiday for years.  I've also made them for football tailgating, and just as sweet gifts to surprise friends.

The recipe is super easy, so let's get started, shall we?

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 package butter cake mix
  • 1 stick butter, (4 oz), softened
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 box confectioners' sugar, (1 lb)
  • 3 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened

Preparation:

  • Combine cake mix, butter and egg and pat into 9x13" pan.
  • Mix sugar, eggs and cream cheese, and pour on the crust mixture.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned.
  • Let cool completely, then cut into squares.
I  usually store mine in a tupperware container.  Enjoy, and let me know how you like them!

 

 

 

1 comment: