Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

We're getting MARRIED! :D



Well guys, I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to introduce you to my boyfriend, Jon because now I have a fiance, Jon. :D  He proposed last Sunday morning, March 10th on Myrtle Beach at sunrise, and it was perfect.

We had gone down to stay the night with some awesome friends of his who were vacationing.  Just being around these sweet believers made for a delightful weekend.  Little did I know, God & Mr. Jon were about to blow my mind...which, come to think of it happens quite regularly, and I am by no means ever opposed.

The previous weekend we had intended on seeing the sunrise in Wilmington, which due to scheduling, did not happen.  Therefore, when Jon indicated that we should see the sun rise the next morning at Myrtle Beach I was all in...until I realized the next morning that I was cold and tired.  However, Jon being the motivator that he is, got my cold, tired, grumpy self out on the beach.  The plan was to sit, watch the sun rise, read our bibles and bask in the vibrant rays of God's love.

First, we strolled along the beach for a while.  I love strolling on the beach with my Jon, and it was a beautiful morning to do so.  We laughed, talked and flirtatiously kicked one another as usual.
Suddenly, Jon picks me up in his arms and sits me in this random chair that seemed have been left out by the water's edge.(*conveniently placed there by Jon's friend, of course...the same friend who was staged to take all of these wonderful photos that we will forever cherish)

  Immediately, Jon drops to one knee and all of a sudden his previous slight sketchiness makes sense to me.:)  Initially, it's somewhat a blur...a moment that I couldn't quite believe was actually happening to me.  However, as I looked on at my prince and heard the sweet words he had prepared for me, God was working hard in my heart to impress that this was in fact His beautiful reality for us.

After washing my feet in the ocean, and right before asking me to be his wife, Jon read to me Ephesians 5:25-33.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Our hearts cannot wait to serve God as one, and to experience all of the joyful lessons marriage is sure to teach us.  We both leap for joy at this blessing! 

It has been quite clear to us for a while that God has great plans for us as a couple.  We have rejoiced in being able to follow Christ together, drawing closer to Him, and closer to one another.  

Words cannot describe the love I feel from my Father as I make plans to spend the rest of my life here with this truly amazing, strong and loving man.  

Just as this proposal went beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of, Jon far surpasses my lifelong dreams of who I imagined my husband would be.  To me, this clearly demonstrates that God has the ability to give to us things far past our grandest imaginations if we simply choose to trust and follow Him.







so happily engaged,
Claire








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Goosebumps everywhere! I LOVE that he proposed at sunrise. I mean seriously?...Best time of the day! The pictures made me tear up. I love that the chair was in the water!!! Ahh love this post! Excited to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you thank you! :) I'm truly blessed & so excited to share. What's funny is the chair was originally placed at the water's edge, but by the time he got ready to propose the tide had come up so we were actually much more in the freezing water than he expected! haha but it was perfect. :)
      Excited to follow you as well, girl! and so excited for your new adventure as a wife. :)

      Delete