Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

The Marine Corps Birthday Ball

Displaying photo 1.JPG
Well, y'all, Jon and I have experienced it...the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but although we are Army, Jon is currently participating in a Marine school. This is a super unique opportunity for him career-wise, but also in terms of us getting to experience traditions we wouldn't get to otherwise, like the birthday ball.  As an Army spouse, and even before I married Jon, I had always heard of what a big deal the Marine Corps Birthday was.  This season is so special in how the two of us have been able to learn and appreciate the trades and traditions of the Marine Corps.  After learning more about their history as an organization, building friendships with Jon's fellow classmates and their spouses, and celebrating side by side, I have much more of a heartfelt appreciation for the men and women serving in this branch of the military.  Happy birthday, Marines!

Displaying photo 1.JPGDisplaying photo 2.JPG
Displaying photo 3.JPGDisplaying photo 4.JPGDisplaying photo 5.JPGDisplaying photo 3.JPG
Displaying photo 2.JPG
Today I'm joining Biana for her link-up, 'Weekending'.  How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend :) PS- for some reason, you are a no-reply blogger so I can't email you back! Let me know if you need help and I can fix it with you :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! It sounds like you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! You look fabulous (as usual) and I'm with Cayte- it wouldn't let me respond back to your sweet comment from yesterday. Happy Tuesday friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete