Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

What I'm Reading Link-Up: February 2014

Hey y'all!  So today I'm starting a link-up with Ashley over at The Christian Wife Life for her What I'm Reading Link-Up.  If you haven't checked out her blog, please do it!  She is an extremely inspiring wife and woman of God.  I'm sure you'll enjoy her posts as much as I do.
My February 2014 Reading List:
1. Redemption:  Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry by Mike Wilkerson
I'm currently reading this book along with a group of women from my church.  We get together once a week to discuss how God is working through deep issues in our hearts and in our own lives and the freedom that Jesus has given us in those struggles. So far, it's a great, very confronting book.
Redemption: Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry

By Mike Wilkerson

"Redemption. The word is so familiar its meaning is often taken for granted. In everyday use it suggests recovery, repayment, rescue, or vindication. But what does it look like in real life with real people who are broken, wounded, or addicted?" --From the Introduction



















2. Psalm 91 Military Edition: God's Shield of Protection by Peggy Joyce Ruth
I was given this book in a goody bag at a pre-deployment briefing.  I started reading it before the deployment, and am currently still working through it.  This book has some great stories of God's protection in very dangerous situations.  I have found it to be a little dangerous myself because it sometimes causes me to think myself or Jon is guaranteed to be physically protected if I pray in faith. This is obviously not the case.  However, it has caused me to more fully consider God's gift of promise and protection, but spiritual protection over physical protection.

Psalm 91 Military Edition: God's Shield of Protection  -     By: Peggy Joyce Ruth
Psalm 91 Military Edition: God's Shield of Protection

By Peggy Joyce Ruth


Blessed assurance for battlefield dangers! Offering an in-depth look at "protection" promises from a military viewpoint, Ruth walks you through Psalm 91 verse by verse to reveal God's presence. Her hope-filled insights will help you turn away from fear and put your trust in God's supportive shield that surrounds you. 













3.Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the Year by Sarah Young
Obviously this is a popular one.  I have been meaning to read Jesus Calling for a while now, and I decided that January 1st was a great day to start.  I was a little skeptical because of how it's written, but let me tell you; this book is so good!  Y'all should definitely check it out.  It is so amazing in how applicable it is to my daily life.
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His  Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the Year  -     By: Sarah Young
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the Year

By Sarah Young


After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to be more attentive to the Savior's voice and began listening for what He was saying. With pen in hand she embarked on a journey that forever changed her along with many others throughout the world. The result of these meditations is the classic devotional, Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in His Presence. In these powerful pages are the words and scriptures Jesus lovingly laid on her heart. A year's worth of daily readings from Young's journals are now available for you, in order to bring you closer to Christ and move you deeper into His presence and His everlasting peace.

That's all for now, ladies!  I'm praying y'all are finding good reads to encourage and grow you in God's presence this month.

1 comment: