Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

WE'RE MARRIED!

Eeee!  My heart leaps with joy as I type this post!
JON & I ARE MARRIED!




We are so unbelievably blessed.  Everything was wonderful.
Our families were wonderful. The weather was wonderful. The food was wonderful. The dancing was wonderful.
God is so wonderful.

I hope to be able to take more time over the coming weeks to share details of our sweet day with all of you.  :)  Life has slowed down a bit, allowing me an opportunity to catch up on things like cleaning, packing and blogging.  Jon & I had 3 precious days together before he left for Germany.  (Life of an Army wife, right?)  My plan has been to stay at work until he gets back in a of couple of weeks.  However, it appears as though the Lord is already showing us a different plan, allowing us to make decisions with limited communication from opposite sides of the world, a valuable skill in marriage. He is good. 

I'm sure many of you are aware of what is going on with the federal government shutdown.  Although I work for a state agency, my state agency happens to be one that is 100% federally funded.  In any other situation this is beneficial, but unfortunately in this one it means myself and most of my coworkers are furloughed until the government reaches a resolution.  Jon & I are very fortunate so this doesn't impact us as tremendously as it is impacting some of my coworkers, and many men and women across our country.

I ask that you join me in prayer, prayer for our country, prayer for resolution, prayer for peace and hope, true hope that is found in Christ alone.

I love you all, and thank you for following along as I prepared for such a precious day that we will forever cherish.  I'm so excited to share it with you.:)

Love,
Mrs. Voss


2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this?? Oh my goodness those pictures are so good! I can't wait to read details! Congratuations! I will be praying for you. Getting married and then being apart has to be the hardest thing ever. i'm glad its not for too long. Nick is in training so we are miles apart as well! Try not to think about it and it sounds like you stay buys and the weeks will fly! Praying for you! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Victoria! Oh my goodness, being apart is much harder than I thought! Sorry to hear you and Nick are doing the same. I will be praying for you guys as well.

      Delete