Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Five on Friday: WAR Feature

Happy Friday, ladies!

I'll be linking up with April, Amanda, Karli, and Andrea for Friday 5 and Friday Favorites. Go visit their blogs and show these ladies some love today!

One thing I've really felt the Lord tug on my heart about for this blog is featuring organizations or shops He is using to really make a difference.

While Jon was stationed in North Carolina, we got involved in an organization called The Defender Foundation.  One night of reaching out to women (and men) who find themselves in human trafficking and/or prostitution situations and my mind still remembers the names and faces of these dear, sweet, lost people.  God's children, they are. Every single one of them.

Human trafficking is the fastest growing organized crime in the United States.  Organizations like Women At Risk, International are seeking to save at-risk women and children from this horrendous, illegal industry.  I found out about WAR when they partnered with Defender to do a jewelry sale at our church in NC.

All products are made by or sold in support of these precious women.  They have everything from jewelry, to home decor, and even things for children and men! Today I thought I would share 5 pieces that I absolutely adore.

Happy Shopping, Ladies! :)


Fringed Square Scarf

Blue/Black Seed Bead Necklace
Pina Colada Lip Butter
Pikake Flower Candle 4 oz.
Ribbon Ties 5-Pack: Styles Vary

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that your highlighting this organization!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete